Tuesday, May 22, 2007

después de casi un mes...

Sorry all that it´s been so long. The last three weeks has been progressed at jungle-movie-waterfall pace. It seemed like there was still a ton of peaceful time to enjoy ahead of us, and then we turned the bend and started to ask each other, "Do you hear a sort of far-off hissing sound?" And then a couple days ago we got close enough to see the rapids and imagine the rocks and aligators. And then yesterday-- and this was really scary-- I caught this really strong dose of clunkymetaphoritis, and it´s just been completely ruining my past 15 hours.

At this point I´m not going to put up more pictures on Blogger. When I get back I´ll go through them all and open a Picasa account for the best of them. It´ll be worth the wait, I promise.

So what´s been going on exactly? Well, after Dad & Josh left I went to Barçelona for a weekend with my roommate Eddie and our friend Rebecca. It was a ton of fun. E & I got two-day passes for a hop-on-hop-off tourbus, which was a good way to decide what we did and didn´t want to spend time seeing. It´s an insanely large city-- if I hadn´t been to Istanbul, I would´ve spent this whole post raving about the overwhelming nature of metropoli-- and three days just doesn´t do it justice. Still I feel good about the trip & about how we spent time. We did some random walking around through the city center on Thursday afternoon, and then hung out and cooked dinner in the hostel after doing a lap on the sightseeing bus. It was cool to see the Olympic Stadium, although I didn´t go in. I vividly remember seeing the torchlighting for the 1992 summer Olympics, and it was neat to see that actual torch from a hundred feet away.
On Friday we went back around on the bus and stopped at various things we had wanted to see, including La Sagrada Familia and the Gaudi Park, and walked up Las Ramblas past dozens of human statues. Saturday was more leisurely and included a long bike ride through Las Ramblas, along the oceanfront, and through a park near the Arc de Triomf. It was a great deal of fun, and we left very very early the next morning to come back to Granada.

Since Barça, I´ve been done to Roquetas del Mar, a beach town near Almeria. That was a lot of fun also-- nothing particularly interesting to recount, but a lot of laying on the beach and throwing a football and drinking and karaoke singing. Good times. That was my last trip, and we´ve been reabsorbing Granada since. I took my last final today (all three went just fine) and so I have a couple days to enjoy myself and fill up my memory card with pictures. Should be a bunch of fun....

No comments: